Thursday, June 30, 2011


As you all know...the rivers in California are flowing at historic levels! The runoff from the upper mountains are not slowing down. That means we have to wait until water levels subside before they will release water from the Tahoe City dam. We've been monitoring the USGS area sites and talking to the Federal Watermaster's office in Reno and have concluded that we still have at least three weeks before the gates will open in Tahoe City.

All we can do is sit back and wait...enjoy Tahoe's many other activities and wonders. We'll be ready for you and your friends!!

Thanks for your patience, the Mountain Air Sports Rafting Staff

Friday, June 17, 2011


Hello everyone!
We have some good news and some bad news... first the bad. After calculating all the snow and water data in the Tahoe basin and talking with the Federal Watermasters office in Reno, we're pushing back our opening day to mid to late July. There is still way too much natural runoff in the upper mountains, so the release at the Tahoe City outlet will not start for another month. Things could change, but for now, it's another waiting game!
The good news is... we will have a summer rafting season all the way through Labor Day!
Sorry for the bad news, we'll keep you updated.
Mountain Air Sports/Truckee River Rafting staff

Friday, June 10, 2011


There is still too much natural runoff down river for the Federal Watermaster in Reno to start releasing water from the Tahoe City dam. It seems it could be at least another 2 or 3 weeks before we will have a good flow to raft.
We'll keep you updated as soon as we hear any news.
Thanks, Mountain Air Sports Team